May 6, 2015
I greet you all in the Name of Jesus our Lord & soon coming King.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations
So let us focus on Him and not what is going on around us. He will see us through everything as He said:
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
We have been actively about our Fathers business as He give us the strength and ability to continue on.
* April 14 Don & I attended the Volunteer Appreciation at Beaver Creek Minimum for the volunteers helping out at either or both Institutions. We are at both. We received a lovely lapel pin that says Correctional Service Canada, Beaver Creek Institution, a Certificate of Appreciation and a beautiful stain glass candle made by one of the inmates signifying there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We were all thanked for the difference we all as volunteers make by coming there. We then had coffee and cake.
* One of the men that had graduated the first Overcomers group at Beaver Creek Medium was transferred to Beaver Creek Minimum and again joined the Overcomers there. As of April 15 he was released to a half way house in Brantford and has followed up with the group in Brantford.
* As of April 18, 2015 it is seven years since Zechariah 4:6 Ministries Inc was registered and received it’s Charity status as of May 11 2009. Thank you Jesus. For it is “NOT BY MIGHT, NOR BY POWER, BUT BY MIGHT SPIRIT SAYS THE LORD ALMIGHTY” AMEN! He has been and continues to be faithful in the ministry He leads us to accomplish for His glory. Thanks to all the faithful for prayers and support over the years.
* I postponed the surgery I was suppose to have on my hand on May 15 due to my recent diagnoses until after I find out more information. I went for more tests on Tuesday May 12 and now have to see a specialist in July, it would have been earlier but we will be in New Brunswick the first week in June. We are away in Brantford from then until after the long weekend.
* As of May 1st, we added another Board Member Tom Murphy to our team. Welcome Tom and also are adding Pastor Ray Narula who is Senior Pastor at New City Church in Brantford as of May 16th and rejoice at his heart for outreach and Overcomers
* At our Seniors movie night on May 3rd, we celebrated Gerane Tyres Birthday see picture below. We have had movie night for 5 years now. Thank you Lord.
* We had another Overcomers Graduation Class May 4 th, 2015, there were 19 suppose to graduate. John & Pauline came again to assist us with their music and stories. Thanks again, you two are a blessing and the guys love you.
Before Don & I handed out the certificates I prayed for the guys and told them If there were any who felt they had not completed the program properly with their book, chart and seeing the DVD’s to come to me and I will hold their certificates until they have. I said you may fool me & others but you can’t fool God. He knows if you have completed it or not. If you are just here to get a certificate, you can paper your walls with certificates but if you haven’t applied yourself it is not worth the paper it is printed on. There were two guys who were honest about not finishing the program completely. Praise God for their honesty.
Read An inmate’s speech from one of the graduates below from May 4 grad.
John B. writes….
I would first like to thank both Don and Judy for their time and patience and more especially for all those tasty cookies!
I joined the program on the spur of the moment without any expectation at the time, thought I was eager and open to whatever I might learn from participating. I was also very interested in taking a program that was developed for the purpose of overcoming some of the more difficult issues of life from a faith based perspective, which up to this point in my 23 years of incarceration I had yet to see.
I personally decided in the first lesson I wanted to work on anxiety and depression. And although I still at times have struggles with these issues, I have made progress and have grown by putting into practice the teachings outlined in the program. The program has also helped me revitalize my commitment to God by reminding me of the indescribable power of His Word contained in the Bible. And though I have made a commitment to be a person of faith quite some time ago, I’m definitely at this point in my journey more grateful for the victories in my life.
I wanted to take that opportunity to also encourage everyone here to be steadfast in their commitment for change. Because I’m convinced that anyone who is genuinely sincere about making a difference in their life will certainly do so after applying the principle of this program.
So if you truly want to experience meaningful satisfaction. Remember “Seek and you shall find, Knock and the door shall be opened unto you, Ask and you shall receive” I wish everyone here success with overcoming the obstacles they face.
GODS LOVE CREATES BLESSINGS, BUT YOUR FAITH SCHEDULES THEM